In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Monday, December 13, 2004

Thanks so much for all of the good thoughts and condolences. We had a very loving and calm weekend with my MIL and basically just spent time together, trying to take it all in. Tom and I took the girls to the science museum yesterday for a couple of hours and we went out to eat with a gift certificate, since we have no money again and didn't feel like cooking.

It turns out that his job doesn't offer any bereavement leave so he will lose at least 2 days worth of work since he took off Friday and today, and oh, he doesn't get Christmas off either, since it's a Saturday. Bah. Damn place. I really need to look into other insurance options through the state and see if he could go back to working for himself. This is ridiculous.

A friend of his is going to sublet the basement of the townhouse though, so we'll get a bit more income starting in January, which may offset the annoyance factor of his fecking job.

Today we're going to try to clean up the house a bit and I have to work tonight. He's on call, so he has to go there anyway, so I'll be juggling baby during teaching tonight, which worries me a bit. I'll be doing that NEXT week too. Gotta love it.

Anyway, thanks again - a friend of mine even dropped off a meal yesterday, so that will help tonight with not having to worry about cooking and all that crap. I swear, I hate having to plan meals at the best of times, let alone when things are not going well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home