In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Monday, December 27, 2004

progress

Well, obviously I spent a lot of time uploading pictures today. I also worked on my website a bit and updated some of the pages with new backgrounds and links to the homepage and such.

I also got a bunch of stuff done today. Went through the kids toys. Still don't really remember what they got. My ex-FIL got Soren a gorgeous tea set from Salzburg, Austria, where he just spent a week shopping and touring. He got Emma a *really* cool wooden marionette like the one in the Sound of Music.

Emma also got a battery operated dog and they both got a wooden train with chocolate from Austria (too bad Soren can't have milk chocolate :(!) Emma got a chemistry set and a feather quill. I can't remember what else...We had a fun time looking at everything though!

I did a buttload of laundry and cleaned up everything except the gifts, which means that it looks like Santa set off a bomb in our living room.

Jude has been massively fussy all day, which is very unlike him. He seems to have a tummy ache, but the homeopathic colic stuff didn't help. He is also still teething like mad and even has a rash/callous on his left hand and finger from chewing/sucking on the same spot so much.

Other stuff...we ran into a snowstorm on the way home last night. It was very cold - in the teens or single digits and we saw a few accidents. When we got home we discovered that the furnace wasn't firing. We were afraid to let it go, because it was already down to about 50F in the house and the pipes might have frozen by the time Tom could get home today and try to fix it since we didn't have parts, and I didn't want him out driving around in the storm.

It ended up costing $400 to have a guy come out and fix it. Eek. Danielle paid for it, but I'd like to pay her back if possible. What a nightmare!

Oh, and my ex-husband has started a blog. It seems mostly over my head, but he's really into what is going on in Iraq, so it might be a good source of news.

I think I'm caught up now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home