In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Saturday, September 04, 2004

39 weeks

Tomorrow I'll be 39 weeks pregnant. I had a boring and uneventful visit w/ the midwife yesterday, although it was nice as always :). She hadn't seen me in 3 or 4 weeks and gave a gasp of delight when she saw how much more pregnant I look. She loves that "I'm all baby" and she can feel every little body part right through my skin. He is definitely engaged and head down, although today is very active, which hurts my back and doesn't do anything for my sciatic pain, but oh well.

No protein, trace of glucose and my iron was up to 37.5, yeah!! I am so thrilled about that and it makes me less likely to hemmorhage. My fundal height was 35.5 and I have gained a total of 28 lbs. Right about where I was with the girls at this point.

The girls got back into town last night but I haven't seen them yet. They were going to Friendly's for bkfast this morning and then I suspect they went to the pool or the beach. *I* should go to the pool since it's hot and it's only open until Monday, but maybe on Monday.

I got a bunch of books unpacked and put away and have the rest sorted (ahhh chooo!) for when we get more shelves. Tom is mad because I used "his" shelf to put the homeschooling books on ;)> I told him that he can have it when he makes me more shelves! Besides, it matches the rest of the desk set in the playroom. Hmph.

This morning I made us raspberry pancakes and link sausage, and then spent the rest of the morning sweeping and mopping downstairs. I need to do the upstairs hallway now, and get Tom to clean off the front porch. He did install a 3 prong outlet in the playroom, and hook up the cable modem to the kids' computer, and play with the extension cord that goes from soren's room to our room, through the closet. I guess because there isn't an outlet on that side of our room, but it's a poor fix. he then escaped to Al's to fix his washing machine :-/. I have lots of other stuff for him to do when he gets back though! Like ceiling fans in 3 rooms, plus fixing 2 existing ones; leveling the oven; putting up my hand mixer in the kitchen; I already mentioned cleaning off the front porch; putting my patio table together in the yard; MOWING the yard (Hehe, he hates to mow, I'll probably end up doing it); and a wide variety of other assorted tasks. I bet he's so happy that he has off work on Monday so he can work here .

Tomorrow we're going out to bkfast w/ his parents for their 55th wedding anniversary. I guess I should go out tonight and look fr a gift. Maybe I'll go to the mall; I need to go to Babys R Us for a couple of things anyway.

Have I mentioned that my mom has taken to calling me every day, even though she ostensibly doesn't want to know when I'm in labor? My father is declining and I gave her the project of looking into whether moving him to a restricted facility where he can't wander away (his dementia is getting much worse) is a good option.

OK, back to work. Gotta finally stop procrastinating doing my filing, and cleaning the hall and the bathrooms! Oh and mowing ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home