In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

More progress

I got Emma's room unpacked yesterday! Now I just have to hang up one dolphin wall hanging and her mirror above her dresser (and get her clean laundry put away, which is a neverending task, seeing as she wears more clothes in a week than the rest of us combined, what with gymnastics, changing several times a day, etc.) and it will be done!

I am soooo happy with the way it looks. I wish I had a digital camera to post pictures. It looks like *Emma's* room again! Her stuff is all out where she can get it, it's neat (well, that part doesn't look like Emma ) and it looks like it was just made for the person she is. All her little knick knacks are up on shelves; all her books are on shelves, her bunk beds are made and her nightstand is again overflowing with journals, music, and books on tape :). Finally, finally, I might feel at home here.

Now only if we weren't totally broke :::sigh::: Our checking acct. got overdrawn again this weekend. I have no idea how that happened really. Thank god we have overdraft protection, but it's been used way too often in the last 6 weeks for my comfort. I always pay it back right away, but this week it's going to be a wait - perhaps even until Monday. And I *have* to get groceries. I think I will go pick up my gym paycheck rather than have it mailed since the gym is closed this week. Why are we so broke all the time? I can't figure it out. I also have to come up with money for a dehumidifier somehow. We desperately need one in the basement. It's just so frustrating, because we really don't DO Much that costs money outside of bills and groceries. I rarely buy any toys or stuff for the kids. All the baby stuff has been handed down, etc. I would really like to pay rent on this house, but my faint dream of not going back to work is certainly just that. If I don't work again as soon as possible, we will sink quickly. Maybe Tom will get a good job at University of Rochester. OK, enough of that.

In other news, I am going to finish Soren's room today, finish sorting baby clothes, and start to tackle my filing since I can't do the playroom/homeschool area until we get the desks put together down there (tonight, I swear!). My filing is totally out of control, so it will be a good thing to sit down and get caught up on. And sitting is good. My feet have been really swollen the last two days, and it is quite uncomfortable. My hips hurt like hell this morning too. I think the baby *might* finally be engaged. He seems to have slowed down a bit in bopping around so much and when I pee, I feel like his head is Right There. Just hold off 3 more days, little one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home