In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Progress

I've made some progress today and yesterday with unpacking.

Yesterday I moved the rest of the non-Soren boxes out of her room and into the appropriate area of the house. I reorganized the attic somewhat, so all the stuff that needs to come downstairs is near the top of the steps; all of Danielle's stuff is basically where they can get to it; all of our camping gear and holiday ornaments are accessible and together; and all the future baby stuff (EGADS! What a lot of stuff!) is all piled together. I sorted some of the twins' clothes into sized boxes so I can grab stuff as I need it.

I cleaned the kitchen, dining room and living room floors in preparation for the blessingway last night. I swept and mopped the entryway floor by the driveway door and the girls were supposed to clean the bathroom but only got about halfway done with it before Krista showed up.

I cleaned the upstairs bathroom again, not that you can tell today.

I did a couple loads of laundry and put away all the laundry today, which means I'm finally getting a handle on what baby stuff I have. Today I did a TON more laundry, mostly baby stuff, and had fun folding it and putting it away. My diapers have been through 2.5 kids, so they are pretty threadbare. I'll probably have to invest in some, but I have newborn disposables to get me through the first week or two at least. I found the baby monitor too, and the changing table, but it needs to be cleaned up and put together. It's still in the attic.

Today I unpacked most of the stuffed animals and sorted them into their owners' rooms. I found the screws to Soren's shelves and put them together, got their computer all put together, but still need an outlet adapter so I can plug the damn thing in. David is sending me a 50 foot cable so I can hook them up to the router and get them online in Soren's room. I keep telling Emma that if she continues being so mean to Soren about coming in her room, I'm not going to feel bad if Soren won't let her in her own bedroom to use the computer ;). Emma's a mess today. I'm not sure why - maybe a combination of moving, Tom being gone so much, me being hormonal and grumpy and a poor diet the last couple of days. I can't imagine why she'd be off, with all that going on . Poor kid :(.

They are hoping that the ice cream man will come tonight. Me too!

I got the rest of Soren's room put to rights for the most part, and I think I'll have enough shelf space in both their rooms to put toys in their rooms and leave more space for homeschooling stuff downstairs. They both have a desk in their room too.

I found my non-maternity clothes and sorted them into boxes for if I ever fit in them again. I really need to find all the extra hangers that I put in a suitcase and brought over so I can hang up my nursing clothes. Argh! I posted some stuff on Freecycle and got rid of some clothes. She hopefully will pick up early next week.

Now I just need to get the bin of baby stuff from Jana from my Nov98 list and I should be pretty well set for newborn clothes, if not cloth diapers. My friend with the twins is going to give me a few covers and is ebaying the rest, so maybe I'll just buy them off of her. Or maybe I'll trade her diapers for the $100 she owes me ;). That would be even better!

Well, if you read all that, kudos. I just needed to see that I've accomplished something.

Oh, I even made sausage and cinnamon rolls for breakfast this morning! Now for dinner...maybe I'll cook some more chicken on the grill :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home