In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Monday, July 12, 2004

We're still home

I got a lot done today but still have a ton to do tomorrow. Mostly laundry, vacuuming, and starting to pack. I'm starting to freak out about moving.

I got presents! My wonderful friend (actually Tom's friend, who has become my email friend), Jennifer, sent us all packages for Xmas in July! On each package that was wrapped in xmas paper, she printed out photos of us from my website, and the pasted them on as a tag for what box was for whom.

Emma got all sorts of stuff - I think her favorite was a Secret Garden journal and a fancy women's pajama top that she's been wearing all day.

Soren got winnie the pooh stuff (so did Emma) and a fancy shirt of her own, as well as a dress up tutu, hair thingy and fancy light up dress up shoes. I sadly dropped her snow globe winnie the pooh and broke the glass, but the wooden part was salvagable. I felt like such a shit.

Jude got a very cute newborn pooh outfit complete with hat and footies that I just love!

Tom got an amazing hooded sweatshirt that will be fantastic in our Rochester winters. He also got a journal that is gorgeous - I told him he has to start writing about fatherhood now, and some owl stuff.

I, OTOH, made out like the proverbial bandit. I got a Medela Pump In Style breastpump, complete with car adapater and not one, but TWO manual pumps that fit the bottles, plus extra flanges and tubes. I am so excited! I know I won't be working, but I get terribly engorged and HAVE to pump or die. I know, supply and demand and all that, but the first week, pumping is necessary, freqently. Also, I like to have some breastmilk on hand, just in case of emergency.

I got another package from my Sept. 04 list from my secret baby shower buddy - another adorable baby outfit from Carter, sandlewood candle and incense for me, and the cutest personalized onesies and a hat for Jude!

I was literally in tears - I was feeling so overwhelmed by the house, and it was so wonderful to get all this baby stuff and it was so thoughtful and just made me realize how close I'm getting. 2 months exactly till my due date. Goodness!

I went to the chiro this afternoon and got a clean bill of health for the next month. Of course, now my sciatica is acting up ;).

i went to work - I was nervous because I know I made a mistake in the scheduling and that my boss was freaking out last week. He had gotten over it by today and we had a good talk. I do feel badly about the mistake I made. Just a few more weeks till maternity leave...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home