In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Is it Monday again?

I can't even remember what I last blogged about last! I do know that I forgot to mention that I felt the baby move for the first time last week, which is typical for me - 14 to 15 weeks. Little butterfly wings!

One night I swear it JUMPED. If Tom had been awake, he might have even been able to feel it, that's how hard it was, or felt, anyway.

The weekend was good. I worked Saturday morning and then the girls and I tackled errands. We had a bunch of places to go and it took us all afternoon. By the time we got home, I was too tired to do much. Sunday, we hung out and then Emma went to a gymnastics meet with her friend Stephanie. I was going to take her, but I had forgotten that I had homebirth circle at the same time, so I made arrangements to meet them there. Sadly, by the time I got there, the meet was over and they were starting awards. I don't think Emma's forgiven me yet. I don't really blame her :-/. In the evening, Tom, his brother, and our friend Bob, took Tom's dad to a hockey game. The girls and I tagged along, as it was our first hockey game, and we really enjoyed it! Now we're Amerks fans. (www.amerks.com). I'm using Opera, and blogger acts really wierd with it. I don't have the energy to figure out the html right now, sorry!

The meeting was great though. There were quite a few people there, many whom I knew, and I talked a bit about how worried I am about giving birth in this house and how I've even entertained the idea of birthing in a hospital just to feel like... well, I don't even know. It's not something I'd really do.

The women were so kind. Several offered to have me birth at their homes and to leave during my birth with their families! Others have offered to come and help out with my kids. In the meantime, Danielle and Mike put a bid on a house in another part of the city. If all goes well, they will close in May and move in July, and we'll rent from them for the forseeable future. that means I *definitely* have to homeschool because the schools in the city are untenable, but that's OK.

It's a great house, and if I felt like it was my home, I could birth there comfortable. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that all works out.

Otherwise, I'm looking for proofreading jobs. I like the new gig, but I realize my head isn't in a good place to write well right now, although I normally wouldn't admit that. Editing I can do though, and am looking for something. My friend Alyce might be able to hook me up, as she used to proofread, and I'm going to keep looking online for jobs.

I have to work at the gym a lot this week, so I'm anxious for Sunday, so I can chill out a bit. Of course, I need to work to make enough moola for rent so I shouldn't complain ;).

Today, I went to the La Leche League meeting. It was great also! I'm really making some friends there and hope to volunteer with them soon. Maybe even become a leader. Oh, if only I could work from home and be home all the time! I'd be busy but so much happier and I miss volunteering! I saw so many new babies today. It finally is starting to feel truly real to me and made me start to feel anxious to meet this one when it comes.

I had my AFP test last week and should get results this week. And hopefully an ultrasound in a few weeks. I am so anxious to find out the gender. For all my natural birth beliefs, I can't help wanting an u/s this time around, if just for that! Silly, I know.

I got the latest Ina May Gaskin book today too and am looking forward to reading all those birth stories. One good thing about hooking up with LLL again is their library! They got a bunch of new books in today too. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home