In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Tuesday, March 16, 2004

catching up

Hmm..it feels like forever since I've blogged, but it hasn't been that long I guess. Thanks for the bday wishes for Emma! Her party at the gym was great. It was so well organized and I didn't have to do a thing, which was a blessing. Just take pictures. My scanner still doesn't work though :(. It was good for me to see her with all her new friends and realize that she's doing pretty well with that.

The new job is writing a newsletter about failed loans through the Small Business Administration. It's about 20 hours a week and will help out financially quite a bit. I'm a bit anxious, since I know nothing about banking, but the owner said he will train me on that. He needs someone with research and reporting experience, and that I have plenty of, so hopefully it will be a good match. I suspect he's a tad more conservative than I am though ;). He also does the occasinal editorializing in his newsletter that bugs me, but hopefully I can avoid that!

Anyway, Emma and Soren were home from school sick yesterday. Emma had terrible diarreah and Soren threw up Sunday on the way home from PA and then had a sore throat all day yesterday. No fevers in either of them though, so they were off to school today. Tom took them, because Emma was so nervous about starting in her new classroom. Apparently the teacher was there waiting for her though and all the kids were bugging her yesterday about where the new girl was! So hopefully it will be a good day.

I'm still feeling weepy and homesick and miserable. I went to the house this weekend and just cried the whole time I was there. I spent a good bit of the weekend with my mom. I took her to the grocery store, and realized she's still consuming a whole lot of salt, even though she's not supposed to and is convinced that she is NOT eating salt ;). Yeesh. She took the girls and I out to dinner Saturday night after they visited their dad for a few hours and I had a real Philly cheesesteak, which was yummy. Soren didn't eat at all that night, or all day Sunday and then had her throwing up episode in the car. Fun, fun! My mom is pretty depressed and gave me a lot of guilt for not being there anymore.

I really do feel badly about it. I'd like nothing more than to go home, especially for the kids' sake. They miss their old house and friends as much as I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home