In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Over the hump

It's Thursday, so we're beyond hump day. And I have playdate at my house today, which means I can clean to my heart's content and get my bills paid. Woot!

Let's see. Jude's tooth is coming right in. He crawled up to me yesterday, pulled himself up on my leg and promptly bit me in the calf. We will have to rename him Sunny Baudelaire if this keeps up.

My mother is out of the hospital. She has a kidney stone and they believe that it is moving, and that it is throwing her blood sugars out of whack. She may have to go on insulin, which she is resistant to, but we'll see. At least they sent her home yesterday, although last evening she wasn't feeling so great again.

I finally straightened things out with my dad and he is now on the waiting list at Centre Crest. It breaks my heart, but I am relieved that he will not be able to wander and get lost.

I'm writing this post in snippets of chasing Jude around the room. He's mad, I tell you, mad! There is something to this boy energy stuff. But he's so goodnatured and fun!

I am taking Soren in to see the doctor on Monday. She seems anemic again. She is very fatigued and has a ton of bruises again; many in strange spots. At first I thought it was just the spring thing - all those trees to climb and shin bruises from whacking her leg on her bike pedal, but it's much more than that.

We went climbing yesterday. It was great fun! Emma climbed this wall that looked totally impossible. We started climbing routes yesterday, and Emma did one that i couldn't do! I don't know how she reaches stuff - she's so short. But she's really good at using her feet to lever up the wall (called smearing, for anyone interested!).

We have two more weeks of many of our classes - Camp Arrowhead, ballet, climbing, Lilac Children's Garden. That will free up a bunch of time, so we can go to the park and the zoo and the Science Museum and all sorts of good stuff. I can't wait!

I also am going to try to change my work schedule somewhat to have more flexibility. I just need to cut back or I'm going to be on Ativan.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger Annalise said…

    so cool that you guys are climbing! Ems is climbing 5.12 these days so technique and strength often beat size!

    Annalise

     

Post a Comment

<< Home