In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Over the hump

First week of the session at work is always fun. New kids, new dynamics. It's going swimmingly actually!

We had 2 gorgeous days in a row and it was actually hot. I am trying to get my car into the shop to get the a/c fixed next week. I also have a bum tire that needs to be replaced ASAP. Sadly, the inspection on the Suburban is up, so I have to take that in today to get it inspected so I have something legal to drive while my car is in the shop. What a PITA!

I spent a long time on the phone with the county Office of Aging regarding my father. I am really frustrated with the situation. The assisted living facility that he has been at for 3 years has been telling me that i need to find a placement for him because they cannot keep him safe with his increasing dementia and restlessness. However, some of their staff are conflicted between their personal and professional feelings. I don't think there's a doubt that he needs more than they can provide, but they love him. Unforunately, they are putting him in an unsafe situation by sabotaging my efforts to move him.

I tried to talk to my mom about it - I just wanted to be *heard* for God's sake, and she just couldn't give me what I needed. It was really sad and frustrating. I actually told her, "Mom, I need you to be my mom and *listen* to me. I just want to talk about it. I don't want you to fix anything, do anything, say anything. Just listen." And she couldn't do it at all. I was in tears and she ended up hanging up on me.

Feh.

Tuesday night I had a little girl's night out with some friends at the Little Cafe. It was great to get out for 2 hours with no kids asking me anything.

Yesterday Soren woke up puking at 6 a.m. She was fine by 8 and proceeded to eat me out of house and home for the remainder of the day. She was low energy though. She missed Camp Arrowhead, did a little of rock climbing and gymnastics, but was cranky and tired. She seemed fine this morning.

Rock climbing was fun. I did some and whacked my shin and got a huge knot. I put arnica on it when I went home. The dog is obsessed with arnica though. He follows us around and tries to lick it off anytime we have it on! He also has a thing for Soren's socks and shoes and chews them up. It's just Soren's, nobody elses. I don't understand it at all.

Tom is so busy it's not even funny. He's got way too much work lined up and we need to schedule it somehow. I am seriously considering asking my boss if I could stop teaching for the summer so that we can get a break. We're burned out from the pace and need to reconnect and let Tom work and save up some money for the slow months in the winter.

Oh, and I'm going to buy a dishwasher soon! Yay me!

I also told Emma that she can remodel her room, so we're going to go shopping for a new decor. She got all teary-eyed at the idea of giving up her winnie-the-pooh nightlight though, so that will stay a permanent part of the redesign ;).

Jude's waking up. Gotta run. Someday I'll udpate the hsing blog again. We're doing a lot of great stuff. I don't want to forget about it!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Suzanne said…

    I'm so jealous! I want a dishwasher. I've tried begging and it hasn't worked.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home