In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Sunday, May 29, 2005

More puke, and such

Emma was supposed to have a sleepover last night, but I got a call from her at 10:45 p.m. that she was feeling queasy. Thankfully it was just a few blocks away, so I threw on a shirt and Birks and ran over to get her. She threw up at 12:45 a.m. Not in the bucket. On the rug. And on her new comforter. Figures ;).

The laundry Gods were quite pleased with themselves.

She only threw up once though. Despite feeling somewhat washed out today, she's bemoaning the fact that I wouldn't allow her to go swimming with the same friend at the YMCA. Sheesh. I'm so mean.

Anyway, I was sitting here wondering what would happen if I started actually blogging about what I really think. Not in a catty, gossipy sort of way, but about my own actual thoughts.

OK, and maybe occasionally a catty thought or two. I think I sanitize a lot here, although I consider myself to be pretty up front about things. But so much goes on in my head. I really think a lot of it is interesting, but I hesitate to share it with people. I've gotten weird about actually saying what I mean. I don't know if it's diplomacy that has come with age, or the result of a 13 year relationship with someone who can emote for days about something. And a lifelong relationship with a mother who is offended by the fact that I even think, most days.

And I do think. I think about George "the shrub" W. Bush. And religion. (Funny that those two should follow each other in the same sentence. Or rather, two sentences). And parenting, and sex and relationships and friendship and food and art and all sorts of things. But you would never know it.

Because all I seem to talk about is puke and homeschooling. I am tired of being defined by motherhood today. I want to be seen as my "gestalt," as a person, a woman. Ugh. See, this is why I don't think. I can't even articulate what the hell I'm talking about. I want a new job.

But then there's real life. And Jude is playing Whack-A-Mole with a weeble chicken and a fish maraca. What a kid.

And now he's trying to knock the lamp down. Must go define myself as mother.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's a lot easier to be honest on livejournal where you can filter and lock posts ;)

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Anna V is right. Come join us as we air our dirty secrets in friends-only posts. ;)

    And may I join you in a big cup of "what the fuck am I doing with my life???"?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home