In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Thankful

First of all, thanks for all the comments on my life vent. It felt good just to get it out of my head. And thanks for telling me I'm not frumpy ;). I think it's definitely hormonal - like when you have PMS and you can't find anything to wear and your fact breaks out, and you want to crawl out of your skin? That's how I feel. Ick!

And I know Tom is under a tremendous amount of pressure. We both work opposite shifts and I feel like we don't see each other enough right now (ever!) and so I guess I have too much time to worry.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I am thankful to have found love. To have a husband who loves his non-biological kids as much as his biological kid. Who is an amazing dad.

I'm thankful for my beautiful and talented daughters, who have such vibrant personalities and are capable and intelligent little women. I am grateful for their snuggles, their stories, their songs, their teasing, and most of all, the gift of their love.

I am grateful for my beautiful baby boy (and very grateful not to be pregnant anymore!). He is chubby and gorgeous with deep blue, nearly violet eyes and a smile that breaks my heart. I am sure I am going to spoil him to death :). I am grateful to have a chance to breastfeed again, to sling another baby, to snuggle at night with that sweet baby smell.

I am grateful to have a job where I can be with my kids in a fun, healthy and wholesome environment. To have a boss who respects my parenting choices and supports them; who cares as much about me as a person as an employee.

I am thankful to have a good relationship with my ex-husband now, and that we work together to be the best parents we can be to our children.

I'm grateful for wonderful friends who give everything of themselves - time, love, money, everything. Especially to Danielle, Karen and Erica. You ladies are my life and keep me going. I am thankful for all my girlfriends - I have such an amazing crew of ladies in my life! Alyce, Jenny, Krista, Vicky, Kim, Patty, Audrey, Lauren, Danielle Mn., Lynn. You have made my move here a wonderful thing!

And I'm grateful to have enough food, shelter and clothing. And to live in a country where my kids are pretty darn safe (although my government makes life unsafe for other kids). A mixed blessing to be sure.

I'm thankful for the Internet! And Brooklyn Brown Ale, and chips and dip and fuzzy blankets and hugs and memories and love.

Happy Thanksgiving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home