In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Fussy baby

I've been having a hard time blogging lately.

Let's see...

My doc finally got ahold of the urologist. He felt that the catherization could have been contaminated b/c of Jude being uncircumcised and that the e.coli could have been on the inside of the foreskin, since it can't be retracted and sterilized right now. That sounds weird to me?

Our doctor said she was kind of bummed she had hurried to prescribe abx again, given that information, but they want Jude to have an ultrasound of his kidneys on Tuesday to rule out anything, in case it was another UTI. The VCUG looked fine though. Frustrating to some degree, hopefully a lot of hoopla about nothing.

My other concern is that Jude sleeps a LOT. What is average for babies 2 mo? mY girls didn't sleep much so I don't have much to compare to. I would say he easily sleeps 16-20 out of 24 hours on a given day. Most of his awake time is in small anti-catnaps ;). He's bright and cheerful for the most part when he's awake though, except when I touch the computer, hence the title ;).

Happiest of birthdays to Catherine of Karen - better late than never - I owe you an email and a phone call. I hope you got the box I sent a couple of weeks ago!

Soren will be 6 on Saturday! She has been counting down the days. Look for some sort of remembrance blog next week in honor of the red headed devil, as Emma calls her. Speaking of the devil , she is actually at a playdate without me! It helped that I hung out for a couple hours and she's been there before. She's been freaking about being away from me at all since Jude was born, so this was a huge breakthrough.

I don't have the money, but she's been begging to go to ballet for about 2 yrs now, so I am signing her up for a session to see how it goes. She is *thrilled.* I also got her a dreamcatcher, worry dolls, a diva fairy (by Amy Brown), a journal, and a used leotard.

I have to pick hjer up in an hour so we can go to the gym.

Tom is terribly sick with a sinus thing, his dad is still in the hospital - no major change one way or the other, his mom has been sick for over a week, and Emma had a nasty cold for a couple of days too! ::::spraying Lysol everywhere::::

I'm trying to reread the Unschooling Handbook and figure out where I want my hsing philosophy to lay. It's tough. Emma started archery class this week as part of a hs program and loves it!

That's about it. I need to update the girls' hsing blog before the baby freaks!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home