In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Thursday, November 11, 2004

VCUG and stuff

Jude is smiling a lot and starting to coo and make sounds. I can't wait for his first belly laugh! He is starting to aim for things with his hands, but mostly just bats at them yet. He is really starting to like the mobile over his changing table, and the Gymini mat with the hanging toys. He is getting really long! I can't
wait for his appointment to see how much he's grown.

He holds his head up really well, but has done that from the first. He is nursing great, but I am worried that I am either doing too much and spotting, or that I'm getting my period already! I didn't get menses till 15 mo postpartum with my first two, and I will be seriously bummed if I get my period back so soon. I'll have to see what today brings.

He had his VCUG test on Monday, which is a catherization and then they inject a dye into his bladder and watch as it fills and empties to check for reflux or valve problems in the bladder. The tech's initial look was good - he couldn't see any abnormalities. Jude had this test b/c he had a UTI at 3 weeks of age, which is very
unusual. 10% of male babies tend to have a physical problem when they have one this early.

Soo...I thought we were in the free and clear, but the doc called yesterday to say that when they tested his urine, Jude has another UTI :(. So he's back on amoxycilin and she is anxious to talk to the ped urologist to see what his report says. I am really hoping it's just a fluke, but I can't figure out how he is getting e.
coli infections. I am just very glad that we've caught them early so that he doesn't end up hospitalized and really ill.

We've been taking Jude to visit my FIL almost every day and he seems to have rallied a bit! I credit all that baby love :). Jude smiles and coos at his Bompa every visit and is so pleasant and happy to lay on his lap. It's so nice to see how much happiness he brings. It's still a waiting game, but it would be nice if he could make it to Thanksgiving.

Anyway, things are busy here w/ the 3 kids. Emma has her first gymnastics competition on Sunday and her dad and grandpa are coming to watch. She's so nervous, and so am I, honestly! But all the moms are :). It's exciting that she's worked so hard and come this far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home