In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Friday, November 05, 2004

TGIF

Busy week. We had lots of hsing stuff this week, and Tom's dad went back into the hospital yesterday. He spent another 24 hours in the ER before they could get him a room. His mom told me that they had to sign a Code Red waver that it could take 8 hours to see a doctor, they were so busy! I don't know why they didn't transfer to another hospital, as I cna't imagine that his doc doesn't have privlegies at other hospitals in this city.

Anyway, they signed a do not resucitate (sp?) order this morning, as he is not doing well at all and really struggling to breathe and talk. It seems like it will be a matter of days :(. Emma is taking it pretty hard and I talked to my MIL today. She is very upset, as is Tom. My BIL was hit pretty hard by the immediacy of it. I'd like to get the kids up to the hospital tonight or tomorrow if possible, but we have a friend coming over tomorrow afternoon so I'll have to see.

Emma has her practice meet tomorrow. She's a bit anxious. I am having a recurrence of my cold/flu w/ a sore throat and runny nose again ::sigh:: I'm ready to be over this damn thing. Jude is still snuffly too - I almost wonder if he's teething already, as he is drooling a lot too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home