In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Saturday, November 06, 2004

Relief

First of all, thanks for all the comments. Jo "this too shall pass" is a constant mantra around here ;). Laura, I would *love* to see you guys! We would probably have to have you come here for the forseeable future - Emma can't miss gymnastics practices and every other weekend is taken up with visitation :-/.

After having a massive Nyquil/allergy med hangover half the day, I'm starting to feel marginally better tonight. After my meltdown this afternoon, tom came home just as the baby *finally* went down for a nap, and he let me escape. I ended up going to WalMart after all to drop off film, grab a 2005 appt. book and some fabric to try to make a Moby wrap lookalike. Of course, now I can't remember how to wrap the darn thing!

I felt much better after a short time out of the house sans kids, and took the girls and their friend for a walk with the dog. We collected leaves and they made a scrapbook of them for their TOPS coach, which took up the better part of an hour or so.

We had catfish and salad for dinner, which ended up being kind of funny. I always buy fillets, but Tom bought the whole fish, actually 2 of them! I have never filleted a fish before, so I had to get him to come in and cut them for me ;). I was stymied by these two entire fish to deal with!

We all got in the car and traipsed up to the hospital. Tom's dad really seems to perk up around the baby, although tom says he thinks it makes him sad to be around him too, as if he's being ripped off to be dying when he has a new grandson to enjoy :(.

It was a good visit though. I'm glad we went. The girls seem to amuse him and we tired him out, so hopefully he'll sleep well tonight. apparently he had some heart problems this morning.

Tomorrow we're going to Jine's for breakfast. :) I will probably have my usual brioche french toast stuffed w/ cream cheese and marmalade. Yummmmmy.

I had a wonderful chat with my sister tonight. Got to hear about all her trials with her teens, which helps to put things in perspective! She's got a good sense of humor about it too :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home