In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Monday, November 15, 2004

Gymnastics

The days just fly by! We have been busy with friends, music class and playdates. Yesterday Emma had her first competitive gymnastics meet at Bright Raven here in Rochester. There were about 75 girls. She placed 3rd on bars in her age division (9 yo's). She would have placed for States if it had been a state qualifier.

She got 8.5 on bars, 8.4 on floor, 6 on beam and 6.4 on vault. It was too bad about vault - she usually has a beautiful vault, but it was new equipment and the first event. I probably would have run the other way! On beam, she fell off her dismount, but the rest of her routine was gorgeous :). I'm so proud of her. Even after her falls, she still turned and smiled for the judges. We got some pictures of her and Tom video taped the whole thing. I'm anxious to see it with Emma.

David and his dad were here for the weekend and took the girls to a book sale at MCC and to Strong Museum.

Today we're going to recuperate from yesterday and stay home until we have to go to the gym. I teach tonight.

David is planning on trying to move to Rochester in March. He asked me to go from every other weekend of visitation to essentially half custody! Eeek. I sent him back an email suggesting that we keep every other weekend and then do 2 evenings a week (or 2 days, since Emma has gymnastics almost every night). I haven't heard back from him about it. What do divorced people do that live in the same town?

When we were both living in State College, he was too ill to really care for them and went for periods without seeing them much at all. I want him to see them a lot, but I also think that they need a home base and I think they are better off being with Tom and the majority of the time - it's stable and has routines and I am involved with all of their activities to an extent that I'm not sure David can keep up with over time.

He has agreed to continue to give me limited access to his mental health providers though, which is really necessary for me to feel comfortable with extended visitation.

Anyway, I'd appreciate thoughts about this - I'm really at a loss about how to be fair, w/o upending the girls' routines and lifestyle and yet give David more access to them. Tom is not looking forward to giving up more time with them. He really loves them and sees them very little himself, what with his work schedule and then the fact that they go to work with me in the evenings. Le Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home