In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Nesting

Or something. We finally made it to the grocery store and it took us 2 hours and I think I spent more money in one shopping trip than I ever have before, but if I go into labor this weekend, I am convinced that we have enough food to get us through a couple of weeks. Whew!

We went to the library (a new one we haven't tried before), and then went to this great playground a couple streets down. I wish I could find a picture of it, but it's one of the Legion parks that is all wood and huge and well-kempt. The best thing is that there's a bathroom there!

So we spent a couple hours out and about with Krista and her son Aedhan, who stopped by with fries right before we were heading out :). Gotta love friends who come with food!

The girls got some great books - Soren got a fiction book about a kid who wants a rat, in addition to a Junie B. Jones book, an audio tape of Shel Silverstein's Where the Sidewalk Ends , a CD of kids music, a version of Sleeping Beauty, and a bunch of other stuff. Emma got a book about King Midas, a multicultural cookbook for kids, Holes , and I got them a book for homeschooling about famous painters. They want to have a music lesson today and a greek roots lesson, so as soon as I take a quick nap and start dinner, we'll do that.

I even got a couple of books out for myself, and stayed up until 2 a.m. last night reading one of them. His newest book doesn't come out until December. Bummer!

Tonight Emma starts fall season of gymnastics and tomorrow we will spend doing Lilac Children's Garden stuff. Soren has her open house, and I meet w/ her teacher and then there's a parents' meeting tomorrow night at yet another library, which I haven't gone into, but used the dropoff bin last week.

We'll see. My friend Alexa thinks that I will go into labor tonight since it's a full moon and all my support people are back in town as of tonight, so we'll see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home