In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Friday, September 10, 2004

Comments and more

Anna - don't tell me that, dammit! I want to read this book - it's taking forever!

Sue, no baby yet. I am still severely uncomfortable most of the time. Sleep is optional at this point. I see the midwife today, and I'm sure she'll be reassuring that I won't be the first person to be pregnant forever though. Emma tells me so, anyway.

I've had no other early labor signs either other than this frenzied attack by baby on my round ligaments and occasional b-h ctx. And they aren't regular at all. So, I'm just trying to be patient. Not my strong suit ;).

Yesterday we had Soren's open house at Lilac Children's Garden where she met her teacher (both girls' teachers are named Lynn) and met some other kids. Turns out we know a lot of them already, which is reassuring. Then we went to the end of the birth circle at the yoga studio and the girls entertained babies and one toddler for a while. I really should hire them both out. They're so wonderful with youngers!

Then we came home and ate and homeschooled and then my friend Krista called at the end of my nap to offer me some dinner - she and another friend, Caren, made this wonderful potato and chicken salad, so I threw some catfish in a pan and we had a fast dinner. Then we rushed Emma off to TOPS, and Tom and Soren and I headed to the parent information meeting for Lilac Childrens Garden and finally got to see the inside of the Brighton Library , which appears to have a lovely children's section and is close to our house. Both good points IMO.

The meeting was good and I had my concerns about Soren's class placement addressed, which was quite reassuring. She's one of the oldest in her class, but they will be spending a lot of time on social issues, rather than academics, which I think she needs more work on anyway - she is so incapable/unwilling to verbalize any emotion, and I think putting her back with younger kids who are working on this still can only be a good thing for her. The teachers all assured me that if she is ready for more advanced skill type things, they will definitely accommodate that and won't let her get bored :). Yay!

I really adore Emma's teacher. She and I are quite alike I think. I love her style with the kids.

In other news, Karen's husband Brian's grandmother died this week :(. David and I had met her a few times and have exchanged holiday cards for years. She always asked about us and I thought she was a really cool lady. So send out supportive thoughts to the family, as this is a huge loss :(.

Brian is a mess, between his grandmother and other stuff. He called me the other day absolutely over the top. It was really hard to listen to and reminded me of David during our worst times. I just tried to encourage him to take it a day at a time and deal with one thing at a time and not to freak out. There wasn't much else to say.

Well, off to shower and get ready for a mw and a chiro appt. Hopefully they will tell me something useful, but I doubt it ;).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home