In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

And we cried wee, wee, wee, all the way home

Yesterday should not have existed IMO. The vacuum cleaner stopped working and I couldn't unclog it. Then we went to LLL, where I felt weepy and disconnected for the most part, although I loved getting the chance to hold babies :).

Emma and soren both got to hold May, Alice's baby, which they very much enjoyed, although Emma said "Don't leave me here Mom!" when I walked across the room ;).

Then I got to help hold Zela, one of the new twin baby girls, and helped Jenny get out to her car. And Patty showed up with her week old Julian baby, who is beautiful and looks like her husband, Mark! It was great fun :). However, everything went to shit right after that.

I decided to stop for some groceries on the way home and go to the bank so we could have some food for lunch and dinner. I should have gone to the bank first, but saw a Tops grocery on the way, so stopped there first. The girls and I ended up shopping for about an hour and a half, and started checking out, only to discover that my wallet had fallen out of my purse. I had my checkbook but they wouldn't take a check w/o any ID or my Tops card. I started crying right there, sheperded the girls out, and cried the entire way home. I was so pissed and tired, and knew I didn't have it in me to go back for another grocery trip,and we had nothing really to eat in the house. Emma and Soren cried with me, just for company, part of the way home. It was very cathartic though ;).

I came home and napped for about 30 seconds before the girls woke me up. So, I got up and vacuumed, because Tom had fixed the vacuum for me over lunch, and then we had to get ready for work. Work ws the best part of the day actually. I stayed in the gym and helped coach.

Soren got her back walkover after about 10 minutes of help, and all of a sudden, she had it all by herself! She was so funny - she said "I love myself! I got my back walkover!" It was so cute. Watching her vault is hilarious though. At 33 lbs, she can't make the spring board bounce, even with only two springs in it, so we have to break out the preschool board, but w/o help, it's hard for her to do the flatback vault up onto the fat mat. She certainly tries hard though!

Emma got her baby giant and has it without any help, stuck her first cartwheel on the beam, and really worked hard on perfecting her standing back handspring. There were only 3 girls in her group, so they got a lot of individual attention, which was great. They worked on floor for a long time, and then beam, and did conditioning w/o any complaints.

I got to warm up Soren's class and to condition a lower level class too. I came home and watched Capturing the Friedmans which was quite disturbing. Then I crashed, only to toss and turn for yet another night. I looked up some homeopathic remedies for this nerve pain though and am going to try them today and tonight and see if I can get some pain reduction and some rest tonight. I have another massage appointment on Friday, and definitely plan to get this worked on.

Soren said something else funny yesterday, but I've forgotten it. I'll have to ask Tom, because I wanted to write it down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home