In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Sunday, September 11, 2005

I'm back

I'm back from PA. After all sorts of perambulations to get subs for work, I left Thursday afternoon and got to the hospital around 5:30 p.m. I stopped to see my dad first, and we had a great visit. He was very forgetful but very appropriate and actually got down on the floor and played with Jude, which is something he hasn't EVER done. Wow. It made me happy/sad. I also stopped in yesterday on my way out of town and had another wonderful visit. Jude sat on his lap and played with him for a long time and we talked about the Penn State football game that was on (go PSU!) and just chatted. Jude cheered up a lot of the folks that were there.

There is one man that just came that has Alzheimers and it is so sad. He doesn't understand that he's living there now and carries his clothes around with him trying all the doors over and over again because he wants to go home :(.

My mom is still in the hospital. I am appalled at the level of nursing care there. I raised all sorts of (polite) hell while I was there - on the cardiac floor she had a spell and lost control of her bladder and they didn't change the bed until the next morning when I called and bitched. On the medical floor, she had a horrible headache (which she had a CT Scan for, which came back normal) and didn't get pain meds for 10 hours. *10* hours. I was furious. The nurse was new and young and full of herself. I intend to file a written complaint about her.

My mom's roommate has CP and is nosy as hell. I was ready to scream at her to just stfu about 100 times. My mom is really used to being alone and doesn't like nosy questions as it is. I don't know how she stands it.

Anyway, she's still ther - diagnosed tentatively w/ anxiety and on Ativan and Zoloft, but also still feeling really sick. Now leaning toward diabetes issues that have been outstanding, so should see her endocrinologist Monday morning. She gave me a guilt trip about coming home this morning when I called. (I came home yesterday; Jude is still recovering from his cold and I am starting a sinus infection, wooboy, can you say fun?). I feel badly, but the girls had a 4 day weekend w/ their dad last weekend and I really wanted to spend one day this weekend having a day off, being able to do stuff around the house and hang out w/ the kids w/o rushing around.

Anyway, we're home.

The best part of the trip was staying at Erica's. Our friend Laura came over on Friday night and we drank wine and laughed a LOT. I love having wonderful girlfriends. Thanks again Erica :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home