In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Monday, January 03, 2005

Busy

Well, Happy New Year and shit like that.

I'm officially worn out by the holiday season. We spent NYE at the townhouse since Tom was on call. Mike and Danielle and the boys, Bernie, and Bob Q. stopped by. It was lovely. We were hoping that our friend Michelle would come over, but she didn't. I quite frankly wasn't suprised. She's been a tad bit self-involved lately. Whatever.

I'm ovulating, which is making me cranky. Just so you know.

Danielle and I went shopping on NYE day, and I got my Solstice/anniversary present. A mystic fire topaz earring/necklace/ring set. I've been wanting a solitaire ring, so we spent money we didn't have to buy me one. I also went to Pier One (oh, swoooon, I haven't been there in ages, and I love it!) and got my niece a bday present, and my BIL and his fiancee a xmas present (wine glasses).

So we drank Fat Bastard wine, and the kids played hard. My girls lasted till midnight, and so did James. We watched the ball come down, which was disappointing. For God's sake, who thought to have Colin Powell dropping the ball (snicker)? And somebody better cyrogenically freeze Dick Clark and just bring him out every year for New Years Eve, because what's his face who stood in for him just sucked. Sucked!

So Saturday we had Christmas at my MIL's house. The girls got a lot of fun little stuff. Jude got a wipes warmer and a camo outfit(!) hehe. And Tom and I got a pepper grinder that is battery operated and has a light. It's really cool! We also got car wash coupons. What a great idea with all the salt here! I'm quite happy with that gift.

Speaking of cars, the starter in the truck died Saturday night, so we're temporarily down to one car, but Tom's mom let him borrow hers tonight. Hopefully he can install the new starter (yours for only $29.95!) and get the truck running again tomorrow. I need to get my car in and aligned and get new tires before this weekend. It sucks in the snow and it's so out of whack - I'm worried about driving it to PA this weekend.
Which reminds me, Erica, if you're reading, can I crash with you this weekend?

In other news, I measured Jude today, because I suspected he was outgrowing the infant car seat. Yep. 25 3/4 inches and he weighs right around 15 pounds according to the scale at my MIL's house. Holy shit! Emma weighed 15 lb. 3 oz at a YEAR! No wonder my back hurts hauling this little chub around ;).

He's teething like MAD and has been soaking all his clothes with drool, even with a bib on. He's been very congested the last two nights, poor little chap. We'v ebeen sleeping him in the car seat to keep him upright; otherwise he snores and chokes and splutters and snorts all night.

I went back to work today. Class went well. Jude was wonderful with Tom. What a dollbaby he is. Emma got her back walkover on beam last Thursday, if I didn't mention it. Very cool!

Soren did great today. She's been more cooperative lately and I've been trying to be more patient and have a sense of humor about her tantrums. It helps some.
Anyway, that's the news from Lake Ontario. Off to bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home