In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Still trying to catch up

It's amazing how little computer time I can weasel out of the day. It's not the baby, it's the other kids! They're suddenly incredibly needy. Soren needs to have everything done for her. The only time I can get anything done is when Soren wants to IM with me from her room ;). She is really into typing back and forth and getting pretty fast at it too! It's cool.

Just a couple more things to catch up.

The other day I was sitting on the couch with Jude propped up on my knees and he was doing that starfish baby thing, with his hands waving around in front of his face. He was totally mesmerized by this alien bodies, so I put my hands up where he could see them and he watch them for awhile and then reached out with both hands and grabbed my thumbs! I was so impressed :).

When he woke up this morning, he was so happy! He smiled and smiled and just laid on my chest very relaxed and snuggly. It was a wonderful way to wake up. I found the doll sling for Soren this morning (of course it was in the VERY bottom of the dress up box, which is huge!) and she is having fun wearing her baby around.

I need to get more film developed today. He's looking more and more like Tom every day. His ears and his nose especially. He's nursing well, and the engorgement is totally gone. His rash is getting better. It ended up being prickly heat, which is intresting, because Tom gets it too and had it horribly as a child apparently. He also gets a rash anytime he gets sick, which he currently is. Poor guy - what a week!

Jane and Julie and Violet are coming this afternoon. I can't wait! The girls are very excited too. Since I didn't put any of the dress up stuff away, but left it in a heap on the floor of the playroom, I'm hoping they'll be inspired to write or perform some sort of play. We need some creativity around here!

I didn't get to mention that last Monday we visited with Tom's parents after Jude's initial checkup and his dad got to hold Jude for a long time and Tom took a bunch of pictures. Hopefully they turn out well. His mom and my soon-to-be SIL had two big baskets of baby blankets, t-shirts, nursing pads, baby food and juice (???) :::rolling eyes:::, and bibs. Very cute stuff, other than the food. I'm giving the juice to the girls and Tom has claimed the pureed bananas. Or I supposed I could make banana bread with it.

His mom's friend Dorrie made Jude this amazing knitted baby blanket, a hat and a sweater (in 12 mo. size) that are just so soft and beautiful! I'm almost afraid to use them!

In other news, I'm not sure if I've mentioned the evil van lady who picks up our neighbor's disabled granddaughter every morning at 8 a.m. and drops her off at 3:45 pm. I know this, because she LAYS on the horn at both of those times. Apparently, she's supposed to actually haul her butt out of the van, ring the doorbell and help the girl to the van, but is too lazy to bother. So I have been getting progressively more and more irritated about this. I finally was outside the other afternoon and asked her, quite politely, if she would consider tapping on the horn, rather than honking to wake the dead (or a new mom and baby for that matter). She was a little snippy but she managed to just tap yesterday. Thank Goddess! My neighbor came over afterwards and thanked me. She has mentioned it to her too and apparently I"m not the only neighbor that has complained (although honking, i.e. the ghetto doorbell, as Tom calls it) is epidemic on our block. No wonder obesity is such a problem ;).

Tom's dad will probably get released from the hospital on Monday, but into transitional care and physical therapy/rehab, not home. I can't remember if I blogged it or not, but he did have a mild heart attack and I guess they're keeping him to see if they can establish why he fell. He's quite irritated to still be in the hospital, to say the least.

Tom is on call tomorrow so we'll be on our own again :::sigh:::. I really hope he can find another job this week. The job market here just sucks though.

Well, off to get a cup of coffee while the baby is still happy. I already did the dishes, switched the laundry and swept the back steps, in addition to feeding myself and Soren. We really need to get someone to the store today for some basics!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home