In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Monday, October 11, 2004

holy cow

It's really hard to blog, because when Jude is asleep, I need to spend time with the girls, cooking, or cleaning and when he's awake, like he is now, I just want to ooh and ahh over his adorable little face.

His eyes have gotten so alert and aren't such a murky blue color anymore. They look almost sapphire blue tonight. It will be interesting to see if they stay blue like Tom's or turn brown like mine. Just for the record, mine aren't really *brown*. They're auburn, like my hair used to be, which is a really cool color. Emma has brown eyes like her dad, and Soren has blue eyes like my grandpa, although the shape of her eyes is identical to that of David's dad, Mike.

Anyway, Jude is laying here, cooing and looking adorable. He gave me the hugest smile yet tonight. He keeps gently touching my arm with his little starfish hands too.

The sad news is that Jude has a UTI. I took him to the doctor last Friday to get this stupid diaper rash checked again, because it just kept getting worse. The diagnosis was not yeast (as I was kind of hoping at that point, so it was an easy fix). Oh no, they think it's a dairy or citrus allergy. So my diet is restricted for two weeks. I wouldn't be surprised, since Soren is allergic to dairy. Gah.

While I was there, I mentioned that he screamed with pain everytime he had to pee (prior to peeing) and that I wondered if he was anticipating it burning his rash. Well, no, that wasn't an easy fix either. This news concerned the doctor mightily, so we had to get a urine sample. That was fairly painless and simple.

The specimin looked OK but maybe a trace of blood, so off to the lab it went. Results today: e. coli UTI. Argh! 10 days of amoxicyllin, with another urine sample in 14 days. How does a 3 week old baby get a UTI?

So my mom is now insisting it's from cloth diapers, and that I need to be retracting his foreskin (just a little she says, yikes!) and swabbing it with a wet cotton ball at each diaper change so he doesn't get some sort of infection and have the foreskin tighten and end up with a circumcision. WTF?

Anyway, it's so joyful to give a 3 wk old baby abx ;).

Let's see, most of our other adventures are in the hsing blog. Two things:

My friend Erica sent me a Bravado bra. She rocks!

Karen and Catherine came to visit us this weekend and made us a wonderful big pot of Cincinatti Chili, which is just about gone already. We didn't get a long enough visit, IMO, and it was hard to talk about stuff with the kids around, but it was a delight to have them anyway. I even got to nap for 2 hours yesterday since Soren was busy playing with Catherine!

Catherine is a delight. She has such a great personality and is so good at saying what she needs - that's refreshing after being around Soren ::sigh::

I can't think of anything else. I want to do a 25 things I love about Tom, in imitation of Carmen but I don't think the baby is going to give me that much time.

I'll do as many as I can.

1. He buys me flowers for all sorts of reasons, and just brought me home flowers for becoming a mom again. Bless his heart, he's been busy enough doing other things!

2. He does laundry, and even folds it, which he hates, because I'm anal about things getting wrinkled.

3. He always comes and gets/gives a hug from/to me when he gets home from work. And the girls always get one too.

4. He has infinite patience for my hurried ways and bad habit of interrupting him. The turtle and the hare indeed.

5. He is the best stepfather in the world. Soren even makes him cards telling him so.

Well, I got 5 done ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home