In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Saturday, October 02, 2004

Busy week

It's been so busy this week! Thankfully my morning energy is good. By 1 or 2 p.m. I'm shot, but so far, I've managed to get through the days. I actually got a nap w/ the baby yesterday, and it was only interrupted 4 times by my girls coming in to look at my clock (as if it's the only farging clock in the house of course!). So it was an interrupted nap, but I know I slept really hard for about 20 minutes ;).

Jude is doing great. He's having a growth spurt and eating nonstop, but we had a better night last night. The night before, he woke up every 1.5 hours to eat, but last night, he slept from 9pm to 1:30 a.m. and then from 1:45am to 4:30am, and then until about 7:30am. So I'm feeling somewhat refreshed. It also helped that David came to Rochester last night and got the girls, so I didn't have Soren tossing and turning in my bed and having nightmares at 2am and such, or wetting the bed. All signs of sibling disruption apparently. Adjustment is so much fun!

She's actually doing much better though. I really shouldn't complain. she's starting to act like herself again, which is nice, although she's still a bit grumpy and difficult around the edges.

Emma and I need some 1:1 time together. It's hard because they are both stuck like glue to me and the baby and are so possessive of Jude, they don't want anyone to look at him or hold him w/o hanging over the person like a couple of vultures. It's really getting a bit old.

They had a fairly social week though, so we got some space from each other. Tuesday was Lilac Children's Garden (hereafter known as LCG because I'm tired of typing it out), Wednesday they spent most of the day at a friend's house, Thursday I can't remember what we did at all, and Friday we had playgroup in the morning. They will be with their dad for the weekend. I miss Emma like crazy though, especially. With gymnastics I haven't seen enough of her.

She had a problem with her coach on Wednesday. I didn't have any idea that shaming kids was the new method for motivating their improvement! Needless to say, I made a call to my boss at 9am the following morning and it should be resolved Monday at the latest. If my kid doesn't get an apology, I will be taking drastic steps, like boiling in oil, for the offending idiot.

Things are starting to get in a bit more of a routine, which I credit to my increased energy level. I can't imagine working in a few weeks though. Augh!

In better news, I am going to get the girls involved in TribalMusic which will be wonderful. They both miss music lessons and since it's during the day, we'll be able to attend, yay!


Well Jude is sleeping peacefully in the boppy pillow for the moment, so I am going to grab some food while my hands are empty and hop in the shower. Tom's on call today at the complex, so we are going to go spend the day there. David insisted on staying there, which is strange since Tom will BE there today and tonight, but if they want to stay at our house in the city, I can stay with Tom tonight. Sometimes David is very strange. Or maybe he just didn't get what I was saying when I explained that Tom would be there all day .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home