In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Hump Day

Tom's dad got transferred to Transitional Care Unit yesterday; I guess it's like a rehab unit. I couldn't figure out why, since I don't know what they expect him to improve in and my MIL couldn't answer that question either. She wonders the same thing, but is enjoying a reprieve and finding it a relief to have a break from the constant worry and care. I don't know how long he'll be there.

I had kind of a breakdown at lunch with Tom today and told him that I know he wants to be home AND at the hospital, but he's been at the hospital pretty much every night for a week and I just need him to come home and see Jude and give me a break before I burn out. I'm still tired and postpartum and recovering. He did come home and we actually ate together! His mom was really cool about it to both of us too. She said I didn't need to feel badly - just to take care of her grandson and son and that I was doing a good job of it, which made me feel good, since she doesn't usually say much of anything - complimentary or otherwise.

E&S went to a friend's house today to play, which was a help for me - I got some rest and got a bit of housework done, and they had a blast. They even drove both ways, which was very sweet since it's a good 1/2 hour trip one way.

Another friend brought dinner - homemade mac & cheese and a big casserole - baked tamale or something like that. It was *awesome*. There was also fresh fruit salad and a still warm apple pie! Holy cow :). Yummmmmy.

tomorrow night my BIL's girlfriend is giving us dinner and the next night is somebody else. thank god I don't have to worry about cooking right now. Our stupid dishwasher died, so doing dishes is keeping me busy enough, not to mention washing diapers in addition to all the other laundry!

It got *autumnal* today. Nice and crisp and sunny and beautiful. It is supposed to be a nice weekend too.

David is coming on Friday night to spend the weekend w/ the girls. Soren especially is really excited!

Emma just got home from gymnastics and I am so pissed. Her stupid head coach totally humiliated her in front of the whole team. I will definitely be calling my boss tomorrow. What an ass.

Oh, and the damn cat still has fleas and I am getting bit and am really allergic. Really what i need right now is to have to strip all the beds, wash all the blankets, and spray everything with flea spray. NOt to mention that we've treated the damn cat with 2 Hartz flea thingies and a flea collar and he's still going crazy with fleas. I don't relish the idea of giving him a flea bath but I don't know what else to do! I can't afford to take him to the vet for Advantage :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home