In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

more catch up

Jude Bullet points:

-- Jude's new word is "I Neen!" which means Ice Cream, and I do mean NOW, dammit! If you eat ice cream in front of him, he will literally grab your hand and the spoon until you share with him. I don't know how I ended up with a 10 month old sugar addict already, but there you have it. Following in the footsteps of sister Soren I guess ;).

-- My MIL took us out to dinner on Sunday night and she sat next to Jude. She always plays pat-a-cake with him, and halfway through dinner he grabbed her hand and started patting her, clearly telling her he wanted to play. It was very cute.

-- Jude took his first step while we were on vacation! He was playing with a little girl in a restaurant lobby and when she ran across to her mom, he let go of the bench, turned all the way around and took a step before falling! He was very close to doing it again at the gym yesterday, but wussed out.

-- He also says mama, Emma and Nana now. His only signs are nurse and dog. Which are close, so sometimes it's hard to tell what he is talking about ;).

-- Poor little guy has a bug bite or something irritating around his left eye and he keeps rubbing it and rubbing it and it's all red.

We started back to the grind yesterday. I am working Monday mornings while the girls have practice, which is actually pretty cool. I'm only working 3 days a week over the summer. I have to take Jude with me, so I gated him in the office with me and he was very cooperative. I got everything done that I needed to do, thank goodness. The girls had a good first practice. They've got lots of physical stuff to do this summer. Team practice for both of them, dance workshop and ballet performance class for Soren, baseball through July and then soccer in August and September.

I'm actually looking forward to September to get started on more school-y type of stuff again. I want to really give them the summer off though.

What else? While we were gone, the circuit breaker that the pool filter is on got thrown and we came home to a very green pool. We're draining it and chlorinating it. Of course it's a thousand degrees this week and we can't use the pool. Feh. We're going to a friend's house today to swim. I can't wait.

Last night I had a terrible dream that Lis died of a heart attack on her walk! How weird is that? I haven't really even been following what she's been doing with the walk, except in a very tangential kind of way, but I consider her a friend, since we've been online together so long and I did get to eat lunch with her once. I'm glad to know that she's actually just fine.

I'm really jumping around here, but I've been blogging in my head for ten days now, so I'm just letting it all spew out now.

Back to vacation. Emma and I took a trail ride.

It was great fun. I haven't been riding in years. Jude got a cowboy hat. Howdy partner!



It was cool and rainy one day, so we went to the outlets. I got a really great pair of Skechers shoes for $25. They're Keen knock offs but still really good quality.

I got the girls some clothes for fall, which I like to do at the outlets. I really found some good bargains.

The ride home was good. We were trying to hurry because we had to get the rental car back by 8 p.m. and we just made it. The kids were great.

I think that about wraps it up. It was a good trip! It's good to be home too, but I could have easily and happily stayed another week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home