In My Life

Life from Nov. 1, 2003 - the day I started my new life in Rochester, NY

Sunday, July 17, 2005

arts fest

I just got back from State College. It was a pretty good visit.

My mom drove me nuts by the time I was ready to leave. She just yammers on and on about everything and has advice about every aspect of my life.

i.e.: I shouldn't have more children because I am poor.
I should get my dad into a nursing home*
I'm too hard/soft on the girls
I should be careful with how I handle my relationship with David.
Ad nauseum. Ugh.

*I am waiting for a spot to open up in a nursing facility for my dad in an Alzheimer's Unit. He is not doing well. He was very confused this weekend when I was there, very belligerent and wouldn't talk to/see me really. It was very frustrating and sad.

Ugh, David just called and woke Jude up. And a HUGE tstorm is starting up, which IS cool, except that Tom should be on his way home and he has no headlights on his truck. And he wants to have dinner and I just ate a bag of popcorn b/c I was so hungry I couldn't wait! I have eaten nothing but junk today :-/.

Anyway, the trip was good. Got to go to the Arts Fest but I didn't buy a thing, I was a good girl.

Jude missed the girls and Tom dreadfully. He kept asking for Em-ma and Da-Da. It was kind of sad. We did see the girls yesterday, as they were at the fest with their dad. J. was SO glad to see T. when we got back to town today. Tom's over at Mike and Danielle's working though so we had to leave and come home. While I was there, I noticed that Sullivan is bigger than their black lab now! Holy cow.

I'm rambling. Will post some pics later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home